German Heer Combat Field Blouse
The German Heer Combat Field Blouse Herring Bone Twill (HBT) uniforms were first introduced in April 1933 to be worn for daily functions instead of the drill uniform.
On 12th February 1940 the color of the uniforms was altered to a reed green coloration. The combat field blouse was issued with no insignia with only EM/NCO’s sleeve rank and collar trim insignia applied to donate the wearer’s rank. The garment was used throughout the war with minor modifications and in early 1942 a modified drill tunic was issued as a summer combat field blouse and followed the basic modifications of the standard-issue field blouse throughout the war.
On 27th September 1943, the reed greed colour was introduced to all three services Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine and Heer to save money.