British WW2 Glider Pilot Wings
The British Glider Pilot Wings or Army Flying Badge was a skill-at-arms badge that was originally worn by 1st Glider Pilots and Air Observation Post officers. It was awarded after completing a course at either the Glider Training School or the AOP pilot’s course. The badge was worn on the left breast. The badge was approved under ACI 768/1942 and remains in use (2013) mainly worn by Army pilots flying helicopters.
The embroidered badge depicts an Imperial (King’s) crown in yellow and coloured silks, with on either side a pair of pale blue wings, all on a black background cut to the badge.