Infantry Assault Badge Silver
The Infantry Assault Badge in Silver (German: Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen) was awarded to the Waffen-SS and Wehrmacht Heer soldiers during the Second World War. This decoration was instituted on 20 December 1939 by the Commander-in-Chief of the German Army, Generalfeldmarschall Walther von Brauchitsch. It could be awarded to members of non-motorized Infantry units and units of the Gebirgsjäger that had participated in Infantry assaults, with light infantry weapons, on at least three separate days of battle in the front line on or after 1 January 1940. When a counter-offensive led to fighting, it could also apply. Award of the Infantry Assault Badge was authorised at the regimental command level.
The Infantry Assault Badhe Silver was instituted on 20 December 1939 and was awarded to infantry soldiers who had taken part in at least three infantry assaults or at least three armed reconnaissance operations or engaged in hand-to-hand combat in an assault position or participated in three separate days in the reestablishment of combat positions.
The Infantry Assault Badge depicts an oval oak leaf wreath with the Wehrmacht (Armed Forces) style eagle above with swept wings clutching a swastika in its talons, with a Mauser rifle with a fixed bayonet and sling in the centre angled, which was worn bottom left breast.