Iron Cross 2nd Class Repeat Clasp
The Repetition Clasp 1939 EK1 was reinstituted on 1st September 1939, by Adolf Hitler to recognise personnel who had earned the 1914 Iron Cross during WW1 and whose actions in WW2 merited being awarded the iron cross again.
There were two patterns of spange issued, both of which included the German National Eagle and swastika, with outstretched wings, over a bar with the date “1939”. The first-class award had a pin attached or screw back, so it could be worn on the uniform pocket. The second class repetition clasp/spange had two or four prongs on the reverse and was affixed to a WW1 Iron Cross 1914 black and white ribbon.