KRIEGSMARINE E-BOAT BADGE
The Kriegsmarine E-Boat Badge or S-Boat War Badge (German: Das Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen) was instituted on 30 May 1941 and was awarded to Kriegsmarine personnel for service on fast attack craft or patrol/torpedo boats.
Recipients were awarded the award for the following; successful sortie, wounded in action, 12 sorties against enemy vessels or installations, or outstanding leadership.
The E-Boat Badge was produced in two versions. The original 1941 version consisted of a “shorter high-silhouette” S-boat with an outer gold laurel wreath of oak leaves with the German Eagle at the top while clutching a swastika. The later version was introduced in January 1943. It had the same basic design, but with a “longer and newer” model S-boat and a larger German Eagle at the top.
The badge was worn on the lower part of the left breast pocket of the service tunic, underneath the 1st class Iron Cross if awarded.