Luftwaffe Pilots Badge
The Luftwaffe Pilots Badge was instituted by Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring on August 12, 1935. It was among the earliest badges introduced and worn by all qualified pilots in the German Air Force.
The badge features an eagle with spread wings, clutching a swastika in its talons. The eagle is surrounded by a laurel wreath and is placed on top of a horizontal bar with the words “Luftwaffe” written on it. The badge was made of metal and was typically worn on the left breast pocket of the uniform.
There were various versions of the badge, including a basic version, a version with diamonds for particularly outstanding pilots, and a version with a gold wreath for pilots who had achieved a certain number of aerial victories. The badge was highly sought after by pilots and was considered a symbol of excellence and skill in aviation.