Luftwaffe Pilots Badge
The Luftwaffe Pilots Badge was instituted by Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring on August 12, 1935. It was among the earliest badges introduced and worn by all qualified pilots in the German Air Force.
The design of the badge featured a large, swooping eagle clutching the swastika emblem, surrounded by an oval wreath of oak and laurel leaves. The badge was normally presented in a blue-hinged case.