Minesweepers War Badge
The Minesweeper War Badge or Minesweepers, Sub-Chasers and Escort-Vessel War Badge (Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boot-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände) was a WW2 Kriegsmarine award for sailors that served on minesweeper vessels.
The Award was instituted on 31 August 1940 by Grand Admiral Erich Raeder, and designed by Otto Placzek of Berlin which depicts an exploding sea mine surrounded by a laurel wreath of oak leaves surmounted by national emblem of an eagle clutching a swastika (both golden coloured). The decoration was first produced in bronze and later in zinc, with many makers which vary in quality.
The award was worn on the lower part of the left breast pocket of the naval service tunic, underneath the 1st Class Iron Cross if awarded.