VIII (8th Corp) Formation Badge
The first pattern of badge, a black francolin partridge on white, was used by 8th Corps District when it covered Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. This second pattern of badge, incorporating the traditional Corps colours of red and white, was adopted in February 1943 when Corps HQ moved to Scotch Corner and took under command 9th and 42 Armoured Divisions. 8th Corps formed part of 21st Army Group for the invasion of Europe in 1944, Operation Overlord. It formed an administrative district in BAOR after the war, based at Pion.