WW2 RAF Pilot’s Wings
WW2 RAF Pilot’s wings embroidered badge depicts outstretched wings supporting a central laurel wreath encircling the RAF monogram with above a King’s crown, the wings, monogram and crown in cream, and the wreath in brown, all on a black fabric backing.
The pilot’s wings badge has been in use since 1912 with the formation of the Royal Flying Corps (RFC). This pattern of brevet has been in use since 1920, with variations in the crown. The badge is worn above the left tunic pocket.