The Honourable Artillery Company Cap Badge
The Honourable Artillery Company traces its origins back to 1537 when it was granted a Charter by King Henry VIII, giving it the longest continuous history of any British military formation. It has always been a volunteer unit. In 1871 it was re-organised into two Divisions, one artillery, one infantry, each with their own headdress badge.
That for the Artillery Division is an adaptation of the Royal Artillery pattern. The Honourable Artillery Company was supposed to have become the 26th of the London Regiment’s 28 battalions. However, it never became part of this larger regiment and retained its independent existence along with Inns of Court which was converted into an Officers Training Corps.