WW2 Sudetenland Medal
The Sudetenland Medal was founded on 1st October 1938, to commemorate the German occupation of Czechoslovakia. On this date, Germany annexed more than a third of the country and by March 14th, 1939, Germany had completed the total annexation of the country. Bohemia and Moravia were occupied and declared German “Protectorates.”
This was the second of a series of three medals celebrating the so-called ‘flower wars’, when German troops moved to occupy lands in support of majority German populations. It was awarded to all who took part in the physical entry on 1st October 1938, and to members of the Sudetan Nazi Party who had worked for union with Germany. The bar was awarded to existing holders of the medal who were further engaged in the later occupation of the rest of Czechoslovakia, and in the subsequent organisation of the ‘Protectorate’ of Bohemia and Moravia.