Heer Infantry Assault Badge In Silver
The WW2 Heer Infantry Assault Badge depicts oval oak leaf wreath with the Wehrmacht (Armed Forces) style eagle above with swept wings clutching a swastika in its talons, with a Mauser rifle with a fixed bayonet and sling in the centre angled.
This bronze decoration was instituted on the 1st June 1940, it was awarded to infantry and panzer troops for the following criteria;
- To have taken part in three or more motorized infantry assaults.
- To have taken part in three or more motorized infantry counter-attacks.
- To have taken part in three or more motorized armed reconnaissance operations.
- To have been engaged in hand-to-hand combat in motorized assault positions.
- To have participated on three separate days in the restitution of a motorized combat position.