Panzer Assault Badge In Silver
The Panzer Assault Badge in silver was introduced on 20 December 1939, the Panzer Badge was authorised for award to tank crews who had actively participated in three armoured assaults on different days.
On 1 June 1940, a bronze version was created for panzer grenadier units equipped with armoured vehicles, as well as other infantry, armoured reconnaissance and medical units serving with Panzer divisions. From 31 December 1942 armoured unit repair teams could receive the silver badge for repairing tanks in combat conditions on three different days.
In June 1943 additional tank badges were instituted in both silver and bronze to reward participation in 25, 50, 75 and 100 armoured actions. The number of engagements required for these higher-level badges could be reduced for those with previous long and continuous frontline service or who had received disabling wounds. Only one badge, the highest level received, could be worn.