Parachute Regiment Cap Badge
The Parachute Regiment Cap Badge is worn by officers and soldiers serving in the regiment, who have successfully passed P Company and awarded with the famous maroon berets.
The Parachute Regiment was formed in June 1940, which managed to raise 17 battalions which was part of the 1st Airborne Division. The winged parachute headdress badge was adopted in May 1943 and was from that time worn in place of the AAC badge. Other than a change to a Queen’s crown the design has remained unchanged to the present day.
The Parachute Regiment was formed participated in most major campaigns throughout WW2 including North Africa, Italy, Greece, France and the battle of Arnhem in 1944, in operation “Market Garden”. Since WW2 the regiment has participated in most conflicts since including Suez, Cyprus, Borneo, Northern Ireland, Falklands, Kosovo, Sierra Leone, Iraq and Afghanistan.
The regiment now consists of three battalion, the first battalion is part of the Special Forces Support Group (SFSG) the other two battalions are components of the British Army’s Rapid Response 16 Air Assault Brigade.
The Parachute Regiment badge is worn by all battalions and the Guards Parachute, who are distinguished from other paratroopers by a “blue red blue” patch sewn to their beret beneath the Parachute Regiment cap badge.