West Surrey Regiment Cap Badge
The regimental cap badge of the West Surrey Regiment depicts a Paschal Lamb standing on a heraldic-torse. In this pattern, the flag is square-ended and held on the right shoulder.
The Queen’s Royal Regiment (West Surrey) was a line infantry regiment of the English and later the British Army from 1661 to 1959. It was the senior English line infantry regiment of the British Army, behind only the Royal Scots in the British Army line infantry order of precedence.
In 1959, the regiment was amalgamated with the East Surrey Regiment, to form a single county regiment called the Queen’s Royal Surrey Regiment which was, on 31 December 1966, amalgamated with the Queen’s Own Buffs, The Royal Kent Regiment, the Royal Sussex Regiment and the Middlesex Regiment (Duke of Cambridge’s Own) to form the Queen’s Regiment. Following a further amalgamation in 1992 with the Royal Hampshire Regiment, the lineage of the regiment is continued today by the Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment (Queen’s and Royal Hampshires).